Friday, September 19, 2014

Artists Observe 2 - Faceless Portrait (Hannah Bush)


I Create Original Art
I used my own unique ideas in this piece of artwork mainly by doing stippling with chalk pastel color pencils.  This was unique because usually when an individual does a portrait of someone else, they will either shade it or color it.  But in my piece of artwork, I did stippling that made the portrait look very different than the original photo I took (left).  My source of inspiration was my friend, Hannah Bush.  I took this photo of her holding up a peace sign with her fingers and then decided I would draw this.  However, as I started to draw, I realized that I wanted to focus on her clothing, especially the bright color of her sweater.  This is when I decided that I would not draw a face which would ultimately emphasize the clothing and the bright pink.  Overall, I enjoyed working in this project and I am very happy with the way it came out.  






No comments:

Post a Comment