Monday, January 5, 2015

Artists Observation


This drawing above is an observation drawing of my friend's eye.  I have never really been good at drawing or sketching eyes, so I decided I would challenge  myself for this project and observe an eye to draw.  My friend wears mascara and eyeliner everyday, so for the eye that I drew I sketched darker and thinner to represent the mascara and eyeliner.  She also has long eyelashes that curve at the tips so I drew that as well to best fit her eye.  I decided not to draw her eye in color and use black and white instead because I like the charcoal medium better and this is the aspect of the project that I wanted to change a little.  Overall, this is one of the best eyes I have drawn throughout all of my art classes and I think it is a pretty good representation of my friends eye.    

No comments:

Post a Comment