Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Printmaking Project


The process I went through to create this project was extremely tedious and long.  Although I like my final product, the process that was used to create it was repetitive.  First we had to search for references that we would use as a guideline.  Then, we sketched our thoughts in our sketchbook that was soon transferred onto the linoleum.  Specifically, carving out the linoleum was difficult because I had to make sure I was very careful in not cutting the drawing of the elephant, but instead cutting ridges around my animal.  This was a challenge for me, but overall I believe that my final product was successful.  Lastly, I picked out the paint color that I wanted and I transferred my painted linoleum onto a colored sheet of construction paper.  In this project, I learned that art requires a great amount of patience and if you use time and effort, you can create a beautiful masterpiece.    

No comments:

Post a Comment