Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lollipop, Candy & Soda Can




These three drawings are my drawings using different mediums for the "Up Close and Personal" project. The first drawing was a lollipop that was done by using color pencil.  I did not enjoy this project because color pencil did not show any blending so it was unable to look real or lively.  The second drawing of a piece of candy was much better than the color pencil because I used chalk pastel.  The chalk pastel was enjoyable to use because I was able to blend the colors easily which made the overall project look much better.  The hardest part for this project was the wrapper because it was hard to make it look wrinkly and real without adding too much of one color and overdoing it.  The last drawing was a soda-can.  I drew this soda can with oil pastel and I liked this medium.  Oil pastel was easy to blend; allowing the overall project to look lively and real.  The only thing I wish I did better was making the oil-pastel a lot more heavy and exaggerated instead of light and relaxed as my drawing is.  Overall, I think the oil-pastel and chalk-pastel are my favorite mediums because of its easiness to blend colors.       


No comments:

Post a Comment