Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Contour Line Shoe Drawing


This drawing of my Wallabee is for the contour line unit.  In the beginning of this unit, I was very hesitant and insecure about my drawings.  This was definitely one of the harder units for me because I am very used to picking up my pencil and moving my hand frequently.  I steadily grew in this type of art because I became used to the idea of a fluent line without any sketchy imprints.  One major aspect of this unit is to move your hand with the speed of your eye while capturing the details of your drawing.  In this specific piece, I drew the outline of the show as it is actually portrayed.  On the other hand, I did not greatly incorporate a few details.  For example, the laces of my shoe are not detailed enough and are basically floppy lines that do not accurately represent the entity of this shoe.  I believe that I have greatly improved as this unit progressed, but unfortunately, this is not of my stronger units. 

No comments:

Post a Comment